You will need a pack of 8 inch bamboo skewers ($3.95 free ship on Amazon)
|Tell me these aren't gorgeous. :)|
- Purple Grape - 1 lb
- Blue Berries - 1 pint
- Green Kiwi - 9 kiwis
- Yellow Pineapple - 1 medium
- Orange Cantaloupe - 1 small
- Red Strawberries - 4 lbs
- Chill all fruit thoroughly. The cantaloupe and pineapple should be chilled overnight.
- Before food prep, wash and sanitize hands.
- Prep each fruit in turn, returning to chiller as soon as prepared.
- Pick grapes off stems. Rinse.
- Rinse blueberries
- Peel kiwi. Cut into half lengthwise, then into another six cubes. 1 kiwi = 12 cubes
- Cut skin off pineapple. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut skin off cantaloupe. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut the tops off strawberries. Leave a uniform 3/4 inch from tip to end, for each strawberry.
- Assemble the skewers. Do this quickly, returning to chiller as soon as completed.
- Keep covered and chilled till service time. And serve on a platter sat on ice to keep cold.
Alternatives for Colors
- Purple - blackberries
- Green - grapes
- Yellow - mango
- Orange - orange!
- Red - watermelon, raspberries
What do you think? What other fruit would you use? What about fruit shapes? I love hearing from you!
p.s. It would be AWESOME if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!