|Apple pie with flaky pie crust and not-to-sweet pie filling|
|Whenever we run out of our own home made ice cream, Breyers is an acceptable substitute :p|
Double Pie Crust Recipe
3/4 C butter
5 T cold water
2 C flour1 t salt
Apple pie filling Recipe
7 C apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 C sugar
2 T corn starch
1 t cinammon
1 t salt
2 T butter
- To make the pastry, rub or cut the butter into flour until you get fine crumbs (I just use my Kitchenaid Professional 6 quart stand mixer :p. I use the flat beater, cut chunks of butter into the flour, and let rip for about 2 minutes on low speed until the mixture looks crumbly).
- Add water and mix until just combined, don't overwork the dough. Divide into two equal portions and roll each out between two sheets of wax paper till about 1/4 inch thickness (enough to cover the bottom of the pie dish, and also the top).
- For the apple pie filling, just mix it all together, then fill into the crust. Carefully lay the top crust over, then seal and crimp the edges.
- Bake for 1 hr at 400 deg F.
- Try to keep yourself gainfully occupied and don't get too distracted by the delicious aroma of caramelizing apple wafting from the oven.
- Hold off a little longer while the pie cools, then reward yourself with a nice warm slice topped with vanilla ice cream. Droooool.
p.s. hey it would be great if you could click on any ad here and I'll get a few cents from my sponsors. Thanks for supporting my blog!